Posted by len on September 27th, 2008
Less than a week ago I moved from Portugal to Boston, Massachusetts.
As much as I tried to resist the temptation, over the two years we’ve been away from the US I collected stuff, some technology, some art supplies, and the like. I really needed this stuff…at the time.
So I gave away quite a few things (nothing compared to what we unloaded when we moved away from the US!).
But, I did end up with two large suitcases to haul, both weighing in at 32 kg (70 lbs).
What was in those two suitcases?
- Some clothes (didn’t buy much in this department overseas so most of what I had was getting old and I just donated it to orphans)
- 6 very heavy science and computer books (openGL, wave action, flash)
- 4 computer hard drives (total storage capacity: 1.2 Terabytes)
- 2 console game systems (PS2 and Gamecube)
- 4 game controllers, wires, power supplies, etc.
- flatbed scanner (full A4 page size)
- laptop stand (to elevate it)
- bluetooth keyboard
- small set of oil paints and oil medium and some sketch books
- two bars of portuguese baking chocolate